It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price will most likely switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who shopped around annually saved an average of $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable Suzuki Vitara insurance in Tampa is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Florida.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional tips to prevent rate hikes and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Vitara is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To find providers who offer cheap Suzuki Vitara insurance quotes in Tampa, follow this link.
Most companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get price estimates direct online. Getting quotes for Suzuki Vitara insurance in Tampa is pretty easy as you just enter your required coverages into a form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on the data you entered. This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to do this if you want to get cheap rates.
To save time and compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The following companies provide free quotes in Florida. To find the best auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Tampa car insurance agent
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Tampa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Tampa who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
The following are Tampa auto insurance companies willing to provide rate quotes for Suzuki Vitara insurance in Tampa.
Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Tampa?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long has the business existed?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that can adequately provide car insurance.
Best car insurance company in Florida
Picking the top auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Tampa. The company ratings in the lists below could help you pick which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheaper insurance prices are available
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Suzuki Vitara insurance in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Tampa auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Tampa auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Seniors in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)