It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who rate shop once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Tampa is your intention, then having an understanding of how to compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Jaguar XJ insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Tampa.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Tampa is not that difficult. Smart shoppers just need to learn the best way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Save money by receiving discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The chart below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose car insurance companies with the best discounts in Tampa, click here to view.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Tampa, FL. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate table shown next covers a range of coverage prices for Jaguar XJ models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are figured can aid in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$452||$750||$546||$32||$164||$1,944||$162|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$490||$828||$546||$32||$164||$2,060||$172|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Jaguar XJ annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Tampa
The diagram below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Jaguar XJ full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XJ book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Jaguar XJ Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Marriage can save you money – Your spouse may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Is you vocation costing you more? – Occupations such as fire fighters, business owners, and dentists usually pay higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can add up on your XJ policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of insurance companies apply discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare Jaguar XJ rates in Tampa to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Vehicle features that cut premiums – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Jaguar XJ insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Insurance losses for a Jaguar XJ – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XJ Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD 254 Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD 169 236 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD 210 88 149 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD 238 198BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
Many people just prefer to go talk to an agent. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Tampa who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tampa?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Tampa may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Tampa that are able to give price quote information.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar XJ in Tampa, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Jaguar. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote often and quote early
Cheaper car insurance in Tampa can be found on the web and with local Tampa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Jaguar XJ insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)