Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Jaguar XF insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who sell insurance in Tampa. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to comprehend policy coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives information to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in Tampa can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Finding more affordable car insurance coverage in Tampa is not as hard as you may think. Although Florida vehicle owners must comprehend how companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
Save by driving safer vehicles – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Jaguar has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
When should you not file policy claims? – Insurance companies in Florida give the lowest premiums to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Can a thief steal your car? – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop vehicle theft.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos that have low annual miles cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage. A policy that improperly rates your XF is just wasting money.
Increase deductibles and save – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Jaguar. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse helps lower the price on car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance loss data for a Jaguar XF – Companies use statistical claims data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Jaguar XF vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Jaguar Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD||169||101||191||98|
|Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD||206||83||152|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most companies allow you to get coverage prices online. Doing online quotes for Jaguar XF insurance in Tampa can be done by anyone as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and quotes a price.
Getting online quotes for Jaguar XF insurance in Tampa makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the best auto insurance rates.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Jaguar XF coverage statistics
The premium table displayed next outlines different coverage costs for Jaguar XF models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are established is important for you to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$708||$400||$24||$120||$1,600||$133|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$708||$400||$24||$120||$1,600||$133|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$790||$400||$24||$120||$1,714||$143|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$414||$874||$400||$24||$120||$1,832||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Jaguar XF insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Jaguar XF insurance costs by age and gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XF auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Tampa
The information below compares Jaguar XF annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jaguar XF replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Protect your Jaguar XF and other assets
Even though Tampa XF insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XF has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper Tampa auto insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Jaguar XF insurance in Tampa.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Jaguar could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XF annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, air bags, good student, seat belt use, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Esurance offers discounts for claim free, emergency road assistance, renters, multi-policy, anti-theft, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in Tampa. To see auto insurance companies with the best Jaguar XF insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Tampa that can provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they full-time agents?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Tampa can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa who may provide you with price quotes.
- State Farm: Stan White
3204 Cove Bend Dr – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 971-1123 – View Map
- Mike Clamon – State Farm Insurance Agent
3816 S Dale Mabry Hwy – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 837-5421 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2703 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 259-1142 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tampa that can give you rate quotes.
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-2277 – View Map
- Rip Weachter Insurance Agency
4311 W El Prado Blvd – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 831-8889 – View Map
- Global FIS – A Full Service Independant Insurance Agency
8710 W Hillsborough Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 343-0844 – View Map
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Affordable coverage is out there
Affordable Jaguar XF insurance in Tampa can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Tampa car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)