Want to learn a better way to compare more affordable Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Tampa? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Chrysler Town and Country in Florida could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a new or used Chrysler and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Tampa agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices once or twice a year because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Tampa six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the things you must know in order to save on auto insurance.
How to compare Chrysler Town and Country insurance price quotes in Tampa
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Florida. To find the best car insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
The table shown below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Chrysler Town and Country models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are figured is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$316||$514||$430||$26||$128||$1,414||$118|
|Town and Country Touring||$356||$624||$430||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|Town and Country Signature||$356||$624||$430||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$356||$624||$430||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|Town and Country Limited||$398||$736||$430||$26||$128||$1,718||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can revise prices greatly.
Cheap Tampa car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Tampa Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Tampa may earn you a small savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current Town and Country insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tampa and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Town and Country in Tampa, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Chrysler Town and Country. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance company ratings
Picking the highest-rated company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Florida. The information shown below could help you analyze which companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
You may need help from an insurance agency
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Tampa who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which family members are covered?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
When researching a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Tampa can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out why they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: John Fox
4941 E Busch Blvd Ste 150 – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 985-3889 – View Map
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
3704 W Swann Ave – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-7888 – View Map
- Doug MacDaid – State Farm Insurance Agent
8910 N Dale Mabry Hwy #3 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-2937 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Tampa willing to provide rate quotes.
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
- Omega Insurance Agency, Inc.
5300 W Cypress St #271 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 341-1530 – View Map
- Most Insurance Agency
3410 Henderson Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 347-5555 – View Map
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Town and Country to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler Town and Country.
Since many Florida drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto insurance – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage