The preferred way to get discount Buick Verano insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Tampa. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for instructions to help prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around for better prices are inclined to move their business because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Tampa is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates on their websites. Comparing prices online for Buick Verano insurance in Tampa is fairly simple as you just type in your coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Buick Verano insurance in Tampa makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Florida. To get cheap auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Tampa, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Verano are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates with these eight premium slashing discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Tampa drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, safety device, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, and defensive driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may include discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, premier plus, new car, and premier discount.
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. To choose providers who offer discounts in Florida, click here.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Tampa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Tampa that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is my Buick Verano covered if I use it for business?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Buick Verano?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills such as pain medications, funeral costs, ambulance fees, surgery and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 10/20/10 that translate to a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, hitting a deer and fire damage. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Verano resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Verano to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Buick Verano.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Buick Verano insurance premium rates in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Tampa car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced Buick Verano insurance in Tampa is possible both online and with local Tampa insurance agents, so you need to shop Tampa car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)