Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Florida could save nearly 55% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper prices for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Tampa is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations and poor credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more ideas to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Immediately place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, FL
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Tampa, FL. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Tampa
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied when you quote, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on your computer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data submission to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tampa car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Club Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Tampa may earn a discount on car insurance.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Car insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Tampa.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is definitely important in Tampa.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Tampa who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Best car insurance agent in Tampa
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Tampa agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Tampa that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
- Colucci Insurance
1441 E Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 972-1947 – View Map
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-2277 – View Map
- All Affordable Insurance Agency
7211 N Dale Mabry Hwy Suite 108 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-5554 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Tampa exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Jerry Perez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9724 N Armenia Ave #200 – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 931-3000 – View Map
- State Farm: Jeff Ralph
11014 N Dale Mabry Hwy #501 – Tampa, FL 33618 – (813) 969-3331 – View Map
- State Farm: Jimmy Fisher
6920 E Fowler Ave – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 989-2037 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tampa?
- How are they compensated?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Once you have reasonable responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that will provide auto insurance coverage. Just understand that policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 10/20/10 which stand for a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as legal defense fees, pain and suffering, bail bonds and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, fire damage, hail damage, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Pontiac Solstice.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Solstice resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Solstice to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills such as prosthetic devices, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
You can lower your insurance rates
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents. More affordable insurance in Tampa can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Pontiac Solstice insurance premium rates online in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)