Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Lincoln LS insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell insurance in Tampa.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional ideas to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper LS coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s shocking but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,200, Tampa drivers can cut their rates by as much as 55% a year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they changed companies.
How to get cheap Lincoln LS insurance in Tampa
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Florida. To locate cheap car insurance in Tampa, FL, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Tampa, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your LS, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lincoln gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Get lower-cost rates on Lincoln LS insurance in Tampa with these nine insurance discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- E-sign – Many companies will give a small break for completing your application on the web.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current LS insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have lower insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, good student, driver training, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good driver, and multiple autos.
Check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Lincoln LS insurance quotes in Tampa, click here.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a Lincoln LS?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.