Do you need a fast way to compare low-cost Ford F-350 insurance in Tampa? Getting budget-priced Tampa Ford F-350 insurance quotes can appear to be somewhat intimidating for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and online price comparisons. With such a large number of insurers available, how are vehicle owners able to have a chance to compare every company to locate lower auto insurance premiums?
How to buy lower priced Ford F-350 insurance in Tampa
To save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Tampa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Inconceivable but true, most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Tampa could save as much as $1,126 a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
How much does Ford F-350 insurance in Tampa, Florida cost?
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes online. Obtaining pricing for Ford F-350 insurance in Tampa is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. When complete, the quote system will order your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Ford F-350 insurance in Tampa makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to perform this step in order to get the best rate.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will get rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Tampa, FL. To buy cheap car insurance in Tampa, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and statistics
The information shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance prices for Ford F-350 models. Understanding how rates are formulated can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,550||$129|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$194||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,550||$129|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$216||$334||$472||$28||$142||$1,192||$99|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$216||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$216||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,252||$104|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$216||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,252||$104|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$216||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$216||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$216||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$216||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$216||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$216||$394||$708||$42||$212||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$216||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,252||$104|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$216||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,252||$104|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$216||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,252||$104|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$216||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,632||$136|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$216||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,632||$136|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$216||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,632||$136|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$216||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,632||$136|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$216||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,632||$136|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$216||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,632||$136|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$216||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,632||$136|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$238||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$238||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$238||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$238||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$238||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$238||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,654||$138|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$238||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,654||$138|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$238||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,654||$138|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$238||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,654||$138|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$238||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,654||$138|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$238||$454||$708||$42||$212||$1,654||$138|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,334||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can modify insurance rates greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can drive up Ford F-350 premium costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women in Tampa
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford F-350 insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper rates by applying discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could qualify for lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their company to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current F-350 insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-350 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, and multiple policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, good driver, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, federal employee, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, professional/association, good student, type of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-car, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, homeowner, teen driver, mature driver, distant student, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Auto insurance is not optional in Florida
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Tampa, insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Ford F-350 has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Florida is wasting up to $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Florida car insurance company ratings
Selecting the top car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Tampa. The ranking information listed below may help you select which auto insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Can’t I compare prices from local Tampa insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a provider should depend on more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Types of auto insurance agents in Tampa
If you want a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Tampa can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Tampa that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Kestenbaum
320 E Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 513-8800 – View Map
- Doug MacDaid – State Farm Insurance Agent
8910 N Dale Mabry Hwy #3 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-2937 – View Map
- Lang Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
5051 Memorial Hwy – Tampa, FL 33634 – (813) 243-1300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agents in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
- Mynatt Insurance Agency
1316 W Busch Blvd – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 932-5511 – View Map
- L. Vega Insurance Agency
8019 N Himes Ave #100 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-6629 – View Map
- Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map