Pretty sure you bought an expensive auto insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are lots of Tampa residents who feel the same.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of Florida auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in the U.S. could save an average of $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy. With so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be challenging to choose the most cost effective company.
Best Acura NSX insurance prices in Florida
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Florida. To buy cheap car insurance in Florida, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Acura NSX insurance in Tampa
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tampa auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tampa auto insurance quote.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current NSX insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, pay in full, youthful driver, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, air bags, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safe driver, safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, good student, multi-policy, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state. To locate companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Local Tampa insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tampa who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agent help file claims?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Tampa
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Tampa can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tampa that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Tampa willing to provide rate quotes.
E J Ferro Insurance Agency
Tampa, FL 33647 – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 926-1515 – View Map
Car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Tampa. The ranking information displayed below can help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Car insurance savings summarized
Some car insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Cheap Acura NSX insurance in Tampa can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting Tampa auto insurance quotes online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to shop for Acura NSX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Steps to saving money on Acura NSX insurance in Tampa
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Acura NSX insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Tampa. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One bit of advice is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tampa Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)