It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that people who compared prices once a year saved on average $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Tampa is the reason you’re here, then knowing the best ways to find and compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The best way to get the cheapest Hummer H3 insurance in Tampa is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on H3 insurance in Tampa. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies offering Hummer H3 insurance in Florida
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Florida. To locate cheap car insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Hummer H3 detailed coverage information
The table displayed below highlights different insurance rates for Hummer H3 models. Having a good understanding how car insurance premiums are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$438||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Hummer H3 car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Hummer H3 claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Affordable Hummer H3 insurance quotes in Tampa
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Tampa auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current H3 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Tampa could trigger savings on your bill.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Tampa auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will give a small break for signing up online.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of your policy.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Hummer H3 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Tampa, click this link.
How much insurance do I need?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t I need to get advice from an agent?
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Tampa?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
- Shirin Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
2734 E Fowler Ave, Ste A – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 971-6060 – View Map
- American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
- Herma White – State Farm Insurance Agent
14940 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 961-6661 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Tampa independent agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Global FIS – A Full Service Independant Insurance Agency
8710 W Hillsborough Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 343-0844 – View Map
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-2277 – View Map
- Carron Insurance Agency, Inc
1010 W Cass St – Tampa, FL 33606 – (813) 926-0512 – View Map
A conclusion for your car insurance search
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Hummer H3 insurance in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Hummer H3 insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Other learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)