The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Ford Transit Connect insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Tampa. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to quote and compare coverage rates can save time and money.
Companies offering affordable Ford Transit Connect price quotes in Tampa, FL
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Tampa, FL. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in FL, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium information displayed next showcases a range of coverage costs for Ford Transit Connect models. Understanding how rate quotes are established can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$178||$372||$400||$24||$120||$1,094||$91|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$178||$372||$400||$24||$120||$1,094||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can change coverage rates greatly.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Transit Connect car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Transit Connect replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheaper Ford Transit Connect insurance rates in Tampa
Some insurance providers don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Tampa and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Tampa car insurance on the internet.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the cost of coverage.
The example below shows the difference between Ford Transit Connect auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Florida, click here to view.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Ford Transit Connect Insurance Premiums?
It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The items below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
Teenage driver insurance prices – More experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Optional features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Limits of liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Ford Transit Connect insurance rates compared to other models that have different risk factors.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance companies in Florida generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Transit Connect?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Tampa.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that provide free Tampa car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a list of insurance companies in Tampa that may be willing to give rate quotes for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Tampa.
- Northside Insurance Agency
14009 N Dale Mabry Hwy – Tampa, FL 33618 – (813) 960-5225 – View Map
- Seibert Insurance Agency
5121 Ehrlich Rd #111 – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 960-4672 – View Map
- Insurance Office of America
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (888) 269-6019 – View Map
- Duarte Insurance Agency, Inc.
5512 N Armenia Ave # A – Tampa, FL 33603 – (813) 874-3222 – View Map
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you get satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurer that is professional and can provide car insurance coverage.
Best car insurance company in Florida
Picking a good quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tampa. The ranking data displayed below can help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
A little work can save a LOT of money
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered many ways to lower your Ford Transit Connect insurance rates in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Budget-friendly insurance in Tampa can be purchased on the web in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High School Students in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)