The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Tampa.
- First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a negative credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional ideas to get better rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Immediately place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A key point to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Florida can cut their rates by as much as $1,126 a year, but most undervalue the benefits if they changed companies.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Tampa takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data including any included safety features, marital status, how much you drive, and your education level. That rating data is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Tampa.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Florida. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Tampa, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for these nine discounts?
Some providers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Shelby GT350 insurance premium.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Student Driver Training - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Shelby GT350 insurance in Tampa.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tampa auto insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tampa auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Tampa, click this link.
Comparing prices from local Tampa insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you are searching for a good Tampa insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Tampa can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
- Adi Khorsandian - State Farm Insurance Agent
20752 Center Oak Dr - Tampa, FL 33647 - (813) 991-4111 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul H. Phaneuf
3641 W Kennedy Blvd F - Tampa, FL 33609 - (813) 353-0303 - View Map
- Jim Cornwell - State Farm Insurance Agent
4305 W Bay to Bay Blvd - Tampa, FL 33629 - (813) 835-8892 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to check rates from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
- Varcas Insurance Agency LLC
1721 W Hillsborough Ave - Tampa, FL 33603 - (813) 319-1940 - View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance - Bill Sullivan
10353 Cross Creek Blvd Suite C - Tampa, FL 33647 - (813) 994-1143 - View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance - Ceci Wise
1719 W Fletcher Ave - Tampa, FL 33612 - (813) 849-0125 - View Map
Once you have received good responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. It's important to know that you can terminate your policy at any time so don't assume that you're stuck with your new company with no way out.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Florida auto insurance company ratings
Selecting the top insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tampa. The company ratings below may help you analyze which insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
Insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, vandalism, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, pain medications and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Shelby GT350 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Shelby GT350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, structural damage, loss of income, medical services and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When getting Tampa auto insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce Ford Shelby GT350 insurance prices online in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
Much more information about insurance in Florida is located below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)