If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Tampa.
First, try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop for lower rates are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A survey found that people who routinely compared rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Tampa is your intention, then understanding the best ways to shop for coverages can save money and time.
If you already have coverage or just want to save money, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Buying affordable auto insurance in Tampa is really quite easy. Shoppers only need to know the tricks to shop online.
Get cheaper Ford GT insurance in Tampa with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower prices.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tampa, click here to view.
Finding cheap Ford GT car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just need to invest a few minutes to compare rates from different insurance companies.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the extra assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Florida. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Tampa, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Tampa should be willing to answer these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you will want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Tampa independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
Once you have received acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as low cost Ford GT insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you want so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company indefinitely.
Cover all your bases
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Ford GT insurance car insurance rates online in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheap Ford GT insurance in Tampa can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, so you need to shop Tampa auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)