If you want to save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Ford Five Hundred insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Tampa.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who get price quotes annually are inclined to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Tampa is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to shop for insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Tampa is to know the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data including whether or not you need a SR-22, what you do for a living, your credit rating estimate, and the year, make and model of vehicles. The rating information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Florida. To find the best auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Five Hundred in Tampa, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Five Hundred but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Florida overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Your Five Hundred Insurance Prices are Determined
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Always have car insurance – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are quite a few additional extra coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Higher physical damage deductibles lower prices – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Occupation can influence rates – Careers such as doctors, business owners, and financial analysts generally pay higher rates than average in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
- Premiums are affected by your credit history – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Ford Five Hundred by improving your rating.
- Drive fewer miles and save – Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Five Hundred may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying a policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cover all your bases
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Tampa auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Ford Five Hundred insurance in Tampa is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)