The best way we recommend to find affordable Volvo V60 insurance in Tampa is to compare prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover the details to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper V60 coverage is available in Tampa. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Regrettably, most car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Tampa insurance shoppers can cut their rates by approximately 55% a year, but they think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower rates.
The list below includes just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your V60 may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy is showing the right rating data, because it can save money.
Liability protection limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Optional features that cut rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Inexpensive frequent car insurance claims are not good – Insurance companies in Florida give the lowest premiums to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Volvo V60 insurance loss probability – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo V60 2WD||68||53|
|Volvo V60 4WD||136||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo V60 in Tampa, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo V60 with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Volvo for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your Volvo and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so shop around every year to save money.