If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Tampa is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Florida.
- First, read about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Once received, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Tampa consumers could save about 55% a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Tampa seems hard but is not really that difficult. Smart shoppers only need to know how to find the lowest price online.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information including what you do for a living, if your license is active, an estimate of your credit level, and how much you drive. That information is submitted instantly to insurance companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Mercury Sable now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. To get cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Mercury Sable Insurance Prices?
Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates.
Lower rates for safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Mercury earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Cautious drivers pay better premiums – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
Marriage reduces risk – Walking down the aisle actually saves money compared to being single. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Older drivers save more – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Do you have a tough vocation? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like judges, police officers, and accountants generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Sable may be costing you. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states the correct driver usage.
Does insurance coverage cost less for gals? – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Costs increase with policy add-ons – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercury Sable in Tampa, insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mercury, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Mercury Sable and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Which auto insurance company is best in Tampa?
Selecting the best insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tampa. The rank data shown below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+