Want to learn how to find lower-priced insurance rates in Tampa, FL? Tampa buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Jaguar XK insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes on a Jaguar and locate the cheapest rates.
All major auto insurance companies make it easy to get pricing on their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in FL, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Florida overpays more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Jaguar XK insurance coverage information
The rate table shown below highlights different insurance rates for Jaguar XK models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$508||$1314||$372||$22||$112||$2,328||$194|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$508||$1314||$372||$22||$112||$2,328||$194|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$548||$1202||$438||$26||$132||$2,346||$196|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$548||$1202||$438||$26||$132||$2,346||$196|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Jaguar XK insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XK auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Jaguar XK claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $600 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on Jaguar XK insurance in Tampa?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up online.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tampa auto insurance quote as compared to drivers who are more careless.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the difference between Jaguar XK insurance rates with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who may offer these benefits are:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Tampa.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying adequate coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Should I rate my Jaguar XK as pleasure use or commute?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
How to find a good Tampa auto insurance company
Selecting the top insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Florida. The company information in the next section could help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance