Searching for cheaper insurance for your Fiat 124 Spider in Florida could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Fiat and find the best price possible either online or from Tampa insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage every six months because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best premium rates on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Tampa six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to buy cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Tampa.
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. Just take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Tampa, FL. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Tampa, FL, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower-cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Tampa
Companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Tampa Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Tampa can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- E-sign – Some companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Tampa auto insurance digitally online.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tampa and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts should help reduce your policy cost.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate offers discounts for good payer, utility vehicle, eSmart discount, anti-theft, safe driver, and teenSMART discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. For a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Tampa, click this link.
Local Tampa car insurance agents and car insurance
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tampa who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Tampa that are able to give rate quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Tampa.
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Bill Sullivan
10353 Cross Creek Blvd Suite C – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 994-1143 – View Map
- ABC Neighborhood Insurance
1336 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 932-0000 – View Map
- Jim Cornwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4305 W Bay to Bay Blvd – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 835-8892 – View Map
- Patricia Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4644 W Gandy Blvd #5 – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 286-3077 – View Map
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better insurance rates.
Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Fiat 124 Spider scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Fiat. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
Obey driving laws and save – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Only having one driving citation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 124 Spider insurance, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Fiat 124 Spider, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Fiat but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Ratings for Florida car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Florida. The rank data shown below may help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Tampa can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We’ve covered many tips how you can save on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Steps to finding affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Tampa
The recommended way to get more affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Tampa. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)