Searching for the cheapest insurance for your Toyota Avalon in Florida can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Toyota and find the lowest possible price either online or from Tampa insurance agents.
Lowering your auto insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Tampa, FL. To find cheap auto insurance in Tampa, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Toyota Avalon insurance analysis
The rate information displayed next outlines different insurance policy prices for Toyota Avalon models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are determined is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change premium rates significantly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Toyota Avalon premium costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Toyota Avalon car insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota Avalon car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Avalon full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Avalon auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Avalon replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Tampa auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Avalon auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, multi-policy, newly married, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and safety features.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in Tampa. To see car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, click here.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tampa who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Before buying a policy in Tampa, get answers to these questions.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How many companies do they write for?
Two types of Tampa car insurance agents
If you are searching for local Tampa agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
- Shirin Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
2734 E Fowler Ave, Ste A – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 971-6060 – View Map
- Herma White – State Farm Insurance Agent
14940 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 961-6661 – View Map
- State Farm: Jimmy Fisher
6920 E Fowler Ave – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 989-2037 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Tampa that are able to give price quote information.
- All Affordable Insurance Agency
7211 N Dale Mabry Hwy Suite 108 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-5554 – View Map
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-2277 – View Map
- L. Vega Insurance Agency
8019 N Himes Ave #100 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-6629 – View Map
More affordable auto insurance in Tampa can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims and even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We just covered a lot of ways to find cheap Toyota Avalon insurance in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Tampa auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
Steps to buying affordable Toyota Avalon insurance in Tampa
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Toyota Avalon insurance in Tampa is to compare prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)