It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop for lower prices are likely to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved about $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your objective, then learning about the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Toyota 86 insurance in Tampa is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Florida. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tampa. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately place your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest policy in Tampa can be fairly easy. Although Florida consumers do need to understand the way insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Toyota 86 insurance in Tampa is to know the trick car insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like what your job is, if it has an anti-theft system, coverage limits, and your credit rating estimate. Your details is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Florida. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Tampa, FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Score discounts to get cheaper Tampa car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Tampa auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy premium.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in Tampa. To locate car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Tampa, click here to view.
Car insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Tampa, buying car insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What if I total my Toyota 86 and owe more than it’s worth?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Tampa car insurance agents?
Some people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Tampa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Tampa that can provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Tampa are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Tampa that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Phil Cole Whitco Insurance Agency
6601 Memorial Hwy #230 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 884-7577 – View Map
- E J Ferro Insurance Agency
Tampa, FL 33647 – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 926-1515 – View Map
- ABC Neighborhood Insurance
1336 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 932-0000 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
- Shirin Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
2734 E Fowler Ave, Ste A – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 971-6060 – View Map
- Herma White – State Farm Insurance Agent
14940 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 961-6661 – View Map
- Jerry Perez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9724 N Armenia Ave #200 – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 931-3000 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?