The easiest way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Tampa is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more details to lower rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A study showed that people who compared rates annually saved on average $850 each year compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Tampa is your intention, then having an understanding of the best way to compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use this information to buy cheaper insurance while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Tampa is really not that difficult. Drivers just need to know the proper way to shop for insurance over the internet.
Getting cheaper insurance pricing is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time to compare rates from online providers.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to local Tampa insurance agencies. Comparing Suzuki Forenza insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional guidance that only an agent can give. Drivers can compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Tampa, FL. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Tampa, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though Tampa Forenza insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Suzuki at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Suzuki and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some insurance providers don’t list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Tampa can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall bill.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Tampa. To choose providers that offer discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Tampa.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Tampa are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Tampa that may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any good agent in Tampa should know the answers to these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How are they compensated?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Once you have positive feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind policyholders can terminate coverage whenever you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to your new company with no way to switch.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my Suzuki Forenza covered for flood damage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance companies ranked
Choosing the top car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Tampa. The company information displayed below may help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
When getting Tampa car insurance quotes online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Suzuki Forenza insurance car insurance rates in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)