If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Tampa is to regularly compare quotes from companies who can sell car insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more information to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A recent car insurance study revealed that most consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Tampa could save almost 55% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Tampa is much easier if you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. But Florida car owners need to learn the way companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering low-cost Saturn Ion prices in Tampa, FL
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Florida. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Tampa, FL, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Determine discounts on Tampa auto insurance
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
To see auto insurance companies with discount rates in Florida, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Tampa who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has their agency been open in Tampa?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Tampa agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Tampa who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
When you buy Tampa car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
Discount Saturn Ion insurance in Tampa can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Saturn Ion insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Tampa car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)