Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive car insurance rates in Tampa, FL? Tampa shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Nissan Leaf insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Nissan and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Tampa agents.
It’s a good idea to check car insurance prices every six months because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on Nissan Leaf insurance in Tampa at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to buy cheaper Nissan Leaf insurance in Tampa.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Nissan Leaf insurance in Tampa is to realize most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like how you use your vehicles, your credit rating estimate, how much education you have, and how many miles driven. The data gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Florida. To find cheap auto insurance in Tampa, FL, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for these six discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan may enable drivers to earn discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it shows financial diligence.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view providers offering car insurance discounts in Tampa, click here to view.
Local agents and car insurance
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Tampa that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Tampa should know the answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Tampa?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agents in Tampa who may provide you with price quotes.
- Adi Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
20752 Center Oak Dr – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 991-4111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Sangar
208 E Bearss Ave – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 877-5506 – View Map
- Ray Mathews – State Farm Insurance Agent
15271 Amberly Dr – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 978-1898 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Tampa willing to provide rate quotes.
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
- A Complete Insurance Agency
5008 W Linebaugh Ave – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 865-9000 – View Map
- Geocite Insurance Agency
3105 W Waters Ave #313 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 510-5366 – View Map
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, nursing services, surgery, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, falling objects and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Leaf.
Since many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 10/20/10 that means you have a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, bail bonds, medical expenses, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Leaf resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Leaf to save money on collision insurance.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Discount Nissan Leaf insurance in Tampa can be sourced online in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
How to save on Nissan Leaf insurance in Tampa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable Nissan Leaf insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Tampa.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)