If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Tampa is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to get low prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop for lower prices are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable Nissan Juke insurance in Tampa is your intention, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the items used by companies to determine your rate level.
How much liability insurance – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Prices for men may be higher – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Older drivers pay less – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
A coverage lapse can increase premiums – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most larger insurers will award better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
More people means more accidents – Residing in a rural area may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Save by driving less – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your car insurance coverage shows how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Juke may be wasting your money.
Nissan Juke claim data – Insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate premium rates. Models that statistically have increased losses will have increased rates. The data below shows the collected loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Juke 2WD||101||104||77||111||134||113|
|Nissan Juke 4WD||107||112||75||120||115||105|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
To get the cheapest Nissan Juke rate quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Florida. The quickest method to find affordable Nissan Juke insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. Just remember that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Tampa, FL. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Why you need Juke insurance in Florida
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Juke in Tampa, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Juke has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Nissan and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower-cost Tampa car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Juke can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, anti-theft, multi-policy, and easy pay.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, and good driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, theft prevention, homeowners, defensive driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and early bird.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in your area. To locate car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Florida, click here to view.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Tampa that can give you free Tampa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they full-time agents?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
If you get positive feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that will adequately provide insurance. Just remember policyholders can terminate your policy at any time so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
Florida car insurance companies
Ending up with the best car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Florida. The ranking information shown below could help you decide which insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Do the work, save more money
Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cost effective Nissan Juke insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We covered many tips how you can compare Nissan Juke insurance auto insurance rates in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)