We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $70 a month compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Tampa is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to find and compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way to get cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Tampa is to compare prices annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in Florida.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Most companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get prices on their websites. Getting Dodge Durango insurance prices online doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system will order your driving and credit reports and provides a quote.
Getting online rate quotes for Dodge Durango insurance in Tampa helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get cheaper rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Tampa, FL. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Tampa, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Tampa with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount get Tampa auto insurance digitally online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Club Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate companies that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Tampa.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Tampa who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Tampa should be willing to answer these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you feel you receive positive feedback and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an provider that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying a policy for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is pet coverage available?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Dodge Durango?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Tampa?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Dodge Durango Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Credit score impacts premiums – Credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Dodge Durango by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Age of drivers impacts rates – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers tend to be more careless when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a significant other may save some money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Where you live factors in – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Florida areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Claims statistics for a Dodge Durango – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Durango Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though Tampa Durango insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Durango with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Dodge Durango and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
Cheaper insurance in Tampa is possible from both online companies and with local Tampa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Durango rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)