If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in Tampa is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Florida.
- First, read about coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is that you use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of Florida drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in America could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they switched.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Dakota insurance in Tampa is to know the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details like coverage limits, driver ages, the make and model of your vehicles, and how your vehicles are used. The data is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Dakota coverage statistics
The price information below highlights estimates of policy rates for Dodge Dakota models. Understanding how premiums are established helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$166||$386||$678||$40||$202||$1,472||$123|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$166||$386||$678||$40||$202||$1,472||$123|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$192||$386||$678||$40||$202||$1,498||$125|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$386||$678||$40||$202||$1,498||$125|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$454||$678||$40||$202||$1,566||$131|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$454||$678||$40||$202||$1,566||$131|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$216||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$216||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$216||$454||$678||$40||$202||$1,590||$133|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$216||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$216||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$216||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$216||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,406||$117|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$216||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,406||$117|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$216||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,406||$117|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$240||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,430||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Dodge Dakota insurance prices for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cautious drivers save money
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Dodge Dakota premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Tampa
The chart below compares Dodge Dakota insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Dakota settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dakota has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge Dakota but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Florida is overpaying over $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
You may qualify for discounts for Dodge Dakota insurance in Tampa
Companies don’t list all discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Dakota may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your insurance premiums.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Florida, click this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Florida?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does my Dodge Dakota qualify for pleasure use?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
What if I want to buy from local Tampa insurance agents?
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which family members are covered?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Tampa car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Paul H. Phaneuf
3641 W Kennedy Blvd F – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 353-0303 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rich Lovinger
4016 Henderson Blvd l – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 837-9329 – View Map
- Doug MacDaid – State Farm Insurance Agent
8910 N Dale Mabry Hwy #3 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-2937 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that can give you price quote information.
- A Complete Insurance Agency
5008 W Linebaugh Ave – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 865-9000 – View Map
- Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
- Insurance Office of America
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (888) 269-6019 – View Map
Specific coverages for a Dodge Dakota
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, surgery and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Dakota to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Dodge Dakota.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, hail damage and vandalism. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, medical expenses, pain and suffering, bail bonds and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Florida car insurance companies
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Florida. The company ratings shown next may help you choose which car insurance providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Quote more and you will save more
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Tampa can be found online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented some good ideas how to find affordable Dodge Dakota insurance in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Tampa auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Acadia in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)