High-priced Chevrolet Blazer insurance in Tampa can bleed your savings and make it tough to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Tampa could save $1,100 every year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Steps to buying discount Chevy Blazer insurance in Tampa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Tampa.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Blazer coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
There are many auto insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Chevy Blazer insurance in Tampa.
It’s important to compare rates at least once a year because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best premium rates on Chevy Blazer insurance in Tampa a year ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
What Determines Chevy Blazer Insurance Prices?
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Teenage drivers in Florida have been known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a beginning driver to your car insurance policy can be quite pricey. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Never let your policy expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- High coverage deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive your Chevy every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your car insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage. A policy that improperly rates your Blazer is throwing money out the window.
- Save by staying claim free – If you file a lot of claims you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Florida give the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Your career may increase premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as doctors, architects, and miners tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Save with these discounts on Chevy Blazer insurance in Tampa
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tampa car insurance quote.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow companies to monitor driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family discounts include good driver, good student, air bags, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including homeowners, air bags, good student, driver training, and teen driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in Tampa.
What is the best car insurance company in Florida?
Selecting the right company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Tampa. The company information displayed below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Tampa can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Blazer insurance car insurance rates in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Tampa car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding better rates for Chevy Blazer insurance in Tampa
The best way we recommend to get cheaper car insurance rates in Tampa is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- It will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Once received, safely store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be found below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)