A study showed that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Tampa consumers can save roughly 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
The best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Tampa is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Florida.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a negative credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Escalade coverage is available in Tampa. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Most larger insurance companies give insurance quotes from their websites. This process is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, their rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote. Being able to quote online for Cadillac Escalade insurance in Tampa makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get the best rate on insurance.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you are getting a price comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Tampa can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the difference between Cadillac Escalade annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may have discounts that include good student, teenSMART discount, resident student, multi-policy, early signing, premier plus, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts including bundle discounts, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tampa. To see insurance companies who offer free Cadillac Escalade insurance quotes in Florida, click here to view.
Cadillac Escalade insurance analysis
The information displayed next covers different insurance rates for Cadillac Escalade models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance policy rates are determined can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$212||$384||$490||$30||$146||$1,262||$105|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$232||$384||$490||$30||$146||$1,282||$107|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$232||$384||$490||$30||$146||$1,282||$107|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$232||$384||$490||$30||$146||$1,282||$107|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$232||$486||$444||$26||$132||$1,320||$110|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$232||$486||$444||$26||$132||$1,320||$110|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$232||$436||$490||$30||$146||$1,334||$111|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$232||$436||$490||$30||$146||$1,334||$111|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$252||$536||$444||$26||$132||$1,390||$116|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$252||$536||$444||$26||$132||$1,390||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific Tampa garaging location which can impact insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Cadillac Escalade insurance costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of age and gender on insurance rates
The example below compares Cadillac Escalade car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below compares Cadillac Escalade yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Cadillac Escalade replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Tampa.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Tampa who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance Cheaper
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The type of car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Cadillac Escalade insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Your employer and car insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like fire fighters, police officers, and miners are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers such as professors, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Vehicle features that cut rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
Car insurance policy lapses increase rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in fines or a revoked license.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Some insurers allow discounts for people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Drivers with excellent credit save – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Cadillac Escalade by repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Pay lower costs after the wedding – Having a spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Insurance loss statistics a Cadillac Escalade – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac Escalade vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD||156||122|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD||132||99||119||55|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD||124|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD||123||106||155|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Cadillac Escalade, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Cadillac gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Find affordable insurance prices by comparing often
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you many ways to lower your Cadillac Escalade insurance car insurance rates in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Tampa car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)