Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare price quotes will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $72 a month compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best price on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to shop for car insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Tampa.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for instructions to prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Tampa is really quite easy. If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Comparison shoppers only need to know the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
Most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Chrysler 200 insurance in Tampa is quite simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Chrysler 200 insurance in Tampa helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will receive a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in FL, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Earn discounts on Tampa car insurance
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Tampa car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount shop Tampa car insurance on their website.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Tampa car insurance online.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help lower the cost of your policy.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, annual mileage, good driver, professional/association, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and driver training.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Tampa.
How You Can Control Chrysler 200 Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
Premiums also based on gender – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
Single vs. married – Having a spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Coverage lapses raise prices – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
Amount of liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
You may save more by consolidating policies – Some companies provide discounts to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Higher coverage deductibles cost less – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
Chrysler 200 insurance loss data – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Chrysler Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years