Are you trying to find low-cost Chevy Uplander insurance in Tampa? If you’re looking for cheaper insurance online, are you intimidated by the wide range of insurance companies that you can choose from? You’re not alone. Florida consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a big hassle to locate the lowest prices for Chevy Uplander insurance in Tampa. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Tampa is an excellent city in which to live, but budgeting for expensive insurance makes it very hard to pay other bills every month.
Steps to quoting cheaper Chevy Uplander insurance in Tampa
The best way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Uplander insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Tampa. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for additional tips to prevent high prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Uplander insurance in Tampa. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who compared rates once a year saved about $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Tampa, FL. To get cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Florida
Even though Tampa Uplander insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most banks will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Uplander definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Tampa overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Uplander Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The list below includes some of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
Costs are affected by your address – Being located in a small town may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Less people means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Alarm systems save money – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get you a ticket and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. They also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Employer and insurance prices – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like military personnel, business owners, and dentists have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
High comp and collision deductibles lower premiums – The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more expense you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give better prices if you take out some life insurance too.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current Uplander insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having several vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tampa and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- American Family has savings for early bird, defensive driver, accident-free, air bags, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, theft prevention, student driver, 55 and older, and air bags.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including new car, home ownership, payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
If you need inexpensive Tampa car insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Florida, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Tampa that can provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you need to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies from which to choose. Tampa agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Tampa independent agencies that may be able to provide price quote information.
- All Affordable Insurance Agency
7211 N Dale Mabry Hwy Suite 108 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-5554 – View Map
- ABC Neighborhood Insurance
1336 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 932-0000 – View Map
- Omega Insurance Agency, Inc.
5300 W Cypress St #271 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 341-1530 – View Map
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tampa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Doug MacDaid – State Farm Insurance Agent
8910 N Dale Mabry Hwy #3 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-2937 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Kestenbaum
320 E Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 513-8800 – View Map
- Jerry Perez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9724 N Armenia Ave #200 – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 931-3000 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tampa?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tampa?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Tampa auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Tampa. The company ratings shown next could help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
How much can you save?
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered many ways to shop for Chevy Uplander insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Tampa car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Tampa car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
The cheapest Chevy Uplander insurance in Tampa is attainable from both online companies and with local Tampa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Steps to buying cheaper Chevy Uplander insurance in Tampa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies in Tampa.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)