Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who rate shop once a year are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $850 each year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Ford Freestyle insurance in Tampa is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to get affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Tampa is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Freestyle coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide pricing directly from their websites. The process doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Behind the scenes, the system gets information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Ford Freestyle insurance in Tampa makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best rate on car insurance.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Tampa, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Tampa insurance agent
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
When researching local Tampa agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can choose from. Tampa agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following are Tampa exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent agents in Tampa willing to provide rate quotes.