How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Tampa? Finding low-cost insurance for an Acura RLX in Florida can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a better way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for your Acura and obtain the lowest possible price from Tampa insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes every six months because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Acura RLX insurance in Tampa a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can search a lot of RLX insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to buy insurance cheaper in Tampa.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don’t list every discount very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Tampa and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, mature driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple vehicles, and paid in full.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, good driver, early bird, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance has discounts for paid-in-full, renters, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, claim free, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, student away at school, good student, good driver, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Tampa auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. For a list of providers who offer online Acura RLX insurance quotes in Tampa, click here.
When do I need to get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Tampa who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tampa?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Auto insurance agents in Tampa come in two varieties
If you would like to find a local Tampa insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Tampa are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tampa that are able to give rate quotes.
- Patricia Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4644 W Gandy Blvd #5 – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 286-3077 – View Map
- Adi Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
20752 Center Oak Dr – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 991-4111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul H. Phaneuf
3641 W Kennedy Blvd F – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 353-0303 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Tampa willing to provide rate quotes.
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Ceci Wise
1719 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 849-0125 – View Map
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-2277 – View Map
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Responsible drivers pay less – A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Higher car insurance rates for car insurance policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive your Acura in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated RLX may be costing you.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Where you reside can influence costs – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Florida cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles – Companies use data from past claims to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura RLX insurance, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Tampa overpays more than $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
As you quote Tampa auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
More affordable car insurance in Tampa can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding better rates for Acura RLX insurance in Tampa
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Tampa. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, put the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More tips and info about car insurance is available by following these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)