It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Florida could save nearly 55% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost Toyota Land Cruiser insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Tampa.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get cheaper coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the following tips. Our objective in writing this article is to help you learn how car insurance quotes work and how to save the most money. Although Florida drivers do need to learn the way companies calculate your auto insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some insurance providers do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable data collection to spy on driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below compares Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- AAA has savings for good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
When getting free Tampa auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply in Tampa. To see insurers that offer some of these discounts in Florida, click here.
First Step: Get free Toyota Land Cruiser insurance quotes
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Florida. To find cheap car insurance in Tampa, FL, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The premium table displayed below outlines a range of prices for Toyota Land Cruiser models. Being aware of how rates are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can change Toyota Land Cruiser insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Land Cruiser auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important particularly in Tampa.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Tampa car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that can give you pricing information.
- E J Ferro Insurance Agency
Tampa, FL 33647 – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 926-1515 – View Map
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
- Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
- Pam Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
10005 Gallant Ln – Tampa, FL 33625 – (813) 963-3216 – View Map
- Shirin Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
2734 E Fowler Ave, Ste A – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 971-6060 – View Map
- State Farm: Jimmy Fisher
6920 E Fowler Ave – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 989-2037 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Toyota Land Cruiser insurance prices online in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Lower-priced Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Tampa can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tampa Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)