Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in Florida could pocket about $1,100 a year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies in Tampa. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, try to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Lexus RC 300 insurance in Tampa utilizes the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether you have decent credit, level of coverage desired, how much you drive, and which vehicles you own. That rating information gets sent immediately to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Lexus RC 300 insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheap Tampa insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tampa car insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a Tampa car insurance quote.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, switch companies, and distant student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, multi-policy, daytime running lights, air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Esurance offers discounts for Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, anti-theft, multi-car, safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Tampa.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Tampa, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your RC 300 has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your RC 300 definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Ratings for Tampa auto insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Florida. The company ratings displayed below can help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What policy terms are available?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Tampa car insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Tampa.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are Tampa insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes for Lexus RC 300 insurance in Tampa.
- Most Insurance Agency
3410 Henderson Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 347-5555 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2703 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 259-1142 – View Map
- Varney Agency | Tampa FL
5401 W Kennedy Blvd #230 – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 200-7261 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Fox
4941 E Busch Blvd Ste 150 – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 985-3889 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Tampa?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?