Shocking but true, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many drivers in Florida could save an average of approximately $1,100 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Tampa is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for the details to get lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Accord Hybrid insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Lowering your Honda Accord Hybrid car insurance rates is not rocket science. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for car insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the personal advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. You can, however, comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Tampa, FL. To find the best auto insurance in Tampa, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Tampa
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Online Discount – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Travelers includes discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, multi-car, payment discounts, early quote, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, 55 and older, good student, automatic seat belts, and teen driver.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- AAA has discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Tampa. To see companies who offer online Honda Accord Hybrid insurance quotes in Florida, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Tampa auto insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Good agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Tampa.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Tampa that can give you free Tampa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Tampa are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Upon getting acceptable answers to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Five factors that influence insurance premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. They both tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Claims cost money – Car insurance companies in Florida provide most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can actually save you money on insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating states the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Accord Hybrid may be wasting your money.
Insurance losses for a Honda Accord Hybrid – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Accord Hybrid Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Tampa, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Accord Hybrid has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Accord Hybrid definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Tampa can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
We just presented many ways to shop for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Tampa car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)