The best way we recommend to quote cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Tampa is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Florida.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional tips to lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you'll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It's easy to assume that auto insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Tampa is why you're reading this, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Shopping around for the lowest cost auto insurance policy in Tampa is not as time-consuming as you think. Virtually anyone who needs more affordable auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. But Florida car owners should learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Tampa is possible for anyone as you simply type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system orders reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to perform this step in order to find the most affordable premium possible.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input the coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Florida. To buy the best car insurance in FL, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need insurance for your Captiva Sport
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Captiva Sport insurance, buying car insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Tampa overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get better insurance rates.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Tampa auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Safe Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Paper-free Discount - Many larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
Auto insurance companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not apply in your area. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Florida, click here.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting local agencies is still important in Tampa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Tampa who want to provide quotes for your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Tampa can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent agencies in Tampa that may be able to give price quote information.
- Duarte Insurance Agency, Inc.
5512 N Armenia Ave # A - Tampa, FL 33603 - (813) 874-3222 - View Map
- Varcas Insurance Agency LLC
1721 W Hillsborough Ave - Tampa, FL 33603 - (813) 319-1940 - View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance - Mike Polivchak
3928 W Hillsborough Ave - Tampa, FL 33614 - (813) 870-2334 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are Tampa exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Shirin Khorsandian - State Farm Insurance Agent
2734 E Fowler Ave, Ste A - Tampa, FL 33612 - (813) 971-6060 - View Map
- State Farm: Jimmy Fisher
6920 E Fowler Ave - Tampa, FL 33617 - (813) 989-2037 - View Map
- Adi Khorsandian - State Farm Insurance Agent
20752 Center Oak Dr - Tampa, FL 33647 - (813) 991-4111 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What companies can they write with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Tampa?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Tampa car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a good quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Florida. The information displayed below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Frequent quotes can save
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, delays in paying claims or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
We've covered many ideas to save on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Tampa auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Captiva Sport rate quotes. You may even find the best rates are with the smaller companies.
Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Tampa can be found both online in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available at the links below
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)