Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa? Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can empty your savings account and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Doing a price comparison can be a smart way to tighten up your finances.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who compare rates annually are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance is your goal, knowing how to compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around. Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons every six months since rates change regularly. Even if you got the best premium rates on Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa last year you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details including an estimate of your credit level, if your license is active, how much coverage you want, and what your job is. Your details is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes very quickly.
To compare cheaper Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tampa.
The following companies offer quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Cadillac Escalade ESV in Tampa, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Cadillac with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Cadillac Escalade ESV but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Cadillac gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Florida overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance statistics for a Cadillac Escalade ESV
The premium information below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Cadillac Escalade ESV models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are established helps drivers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade ESV 2WD||$292||$454||$426||$26||$128||$1,326||$111|
|Escalade ESV 4WD||$292||$454||$426||$26||$128||$1,326||$111|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 2WD||$292||$454||$426||$26||$128||$1,326||$111|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 2WD||$292||$454||$426||$26||$128||$1,326||$111|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 4WD||$292||$454||$426||$26||$128||$1,326||$111|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 4WD||$318||$514||$426||$26||$128||$1,412||$118|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 2WD||$318||$514||$426||$26||$128||$1,412||$118|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 4WD||$318||$514||$426||$26||$128||$1,412||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents drive up Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance premiums for each different age category. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set guideline to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac Escalade ESV replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Sign Online – Many companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Tampa Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Tampa can save a few bucks since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to study their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Escalade ESV insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade ESV car insurance rates with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, membership and employees, federal employee, five-year accident-free, good student, and seat belt use.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, home ownership, continuous insurance, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, multi-car, anti-theft, and drive less.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, good driver, and pay-in-full.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Tampa. To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates in Florida, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Tampa who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Tampa should be willing to answer these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tampa?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Tampa that may be willing to give price quotes for Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Cadillac Escalade ESV.
Since many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Florida limits are 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Escalade ESV to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 10/20/10 which stand for $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, falling objects, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to find cheap Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
How to find cheaper quotes for Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Tampa
The most effective way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Tampa is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Florida.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price such as speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Escalade ESV insurance. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)