Really, the only way to get the cheapest Kia Amanti insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Tampa. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Amanti coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to fathom, but most auto insurance policyholders in Florida renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could save themselves up to 47% a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using these tips. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Tampa is really quite easy. But Florida consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
There are several ways to compare quotes from lots of Florida car insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive to local Tampa insurance agencies. The ability to quote Kia Amanti insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the extra assistance of a local Tampa agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Florida. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, FL, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Kia Amanti insurance in Tampa
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-car Discount – Having primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Tampa can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Tampa auto insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Kia Amanti insurance rates in Tampa.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for good student, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, good student, good driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, alternative fuel, good student, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, multi-policy, teen driver, mature driver, and paid in full.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and drive less.
If you want inexpensive Tampa auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tampa. For a list of insurers that offer discounts in Florida, click here.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Tampa.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Different types of Tampa auto insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Tampa can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Tampa that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
E J Ferro Insurance Agency
Tampa, FL 33647 – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 926-1515 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa that can give you rate quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, vandalism, a broken windshield and falling objects. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, medical services, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Amanti from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Amanti to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Kia Amanti.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10 in Florida), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, surgery, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
A conclusion for your car insurance search
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ways to save on Kia Amanti insurance in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Tampa auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Tampa, FL? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)