A recent study showed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never shopped around. Tampa consumers can save 55% each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Tampa. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Once received, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
An important note is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Low Cost Audi insurance price quotes in Tampa
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Tampa, FL. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts can help save money on Audi TT RS insurance in Tampa
Some insurance providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Tampa may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple policy, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, good student, emergency road assistance, multi-car, and renters.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, family plan, good student, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in Tampa. If you would like to view companies with the best Audi TT RS insurance discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Tampa auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Tampa exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Sangar
208 E Bearss Ave – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 877-5506 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rich Lovinger
4016 Henderson Blvd l – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 837-9329 – View Map
- Patricia Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4644 W Gandy Blvd #5 – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 286-3077 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you should always get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Tampa independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Phil Cole Whitco Insurance Agency
6601 Memorial Hwy #230 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 884-7577 – View Map
- Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
- Ken Anthony Insurance Agency – Affinity Insurance
8010 N 56th St – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 251-8685 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Audi TT RS insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Audi TT RS insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high prices, poor customer service and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)