Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Drivers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t want to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Nissan Murano insurance in Tampa is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Florida. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to get lower rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Affordable car insurance in Tampa, FL
The companies shown below offer quotes in Florida. If you want the best cheap car insurance in FL, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Statistics and details
The premium table shown next highlights different coverage prices for Nissan Murano models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance premiums are calculated can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$256||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,446||$121|
|Murano S AWD||$256||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,446||$121|
|Murano SL 2WD||$256||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,446||$121|
|Murano SL AWD||$256||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,446||$121|
|Murano LE 2WD||$290||$594||$504||$30||$152||$1,570||$131|
|Murano LE AWD||$290||$594||$504||$30||$152||$1,570||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices greatly.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Murano auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Nissan Murano insurance in Tampa
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Travelers offers discounts including IntelliDrive, student away at school, multi-policy, good student, home ownership, save driver, and driver training.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, air bags, 55 and older, good student, and teen driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, and drive less.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
If you need cheaper Tampa auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your state.
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in Florida?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Tampa?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Tampa.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Tampa that provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a local claims center in Tampa?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as prosthetic devices, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Nissan Murano.
Since many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10 in Florida), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability car insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 10/20/10 which stand for $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Murano to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from getting keyed, falling objects, damage from flooding, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Car insurance company ratings
Finding a highly-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Tampa. The information shown next may help you analyze which coverage providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Insurance savings summarized
Affordable Nissan Murano insurance in Tampa is available both online and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you quote Tampa auto insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)