It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare rates annually are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing the best way to compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way to get affordable Mazda MPV insurance in Tampa is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations and poor credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. Our goal is to teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. Drivers only have to learn the fastest way to compare prices online.
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on the web. Comparing prices online for Mazda MPV insurance in Tampa is pretty painless as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system collects your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the best rate on auto insurance.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper rates on Mazda MPV insurance in Tampa with these car insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Tampa car insurance with certain companies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
If you want low cost Tampa car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Tampa. If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, click here.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Tampa.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you are searching for a local Tampa insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can handle car insurance, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Tampa who may provide free price quotes.
- Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
- Duarte Insurance Agency, Inc.
5512 N Armenia Ave # A – Tampa, FL 33603 – (813) 874-3222 – View Map
- Italiano Insurance Services, Inc.
3021 W Swann Ave – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 877-7799 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jerry Perez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9724 N Armenia Ave #200 – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 931-3000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Fox
4941 E Busch Blvd Ste 150 – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 985-3889 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2703 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 259-1142 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Upon receiving good answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What if I total my Mazda MPV and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my Mazda MPV need full coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Eight Tips to Get Lower-cost Tampa Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut premiums – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Frequent claims increase prices – Auto insurance companies in Florida provide most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Good credit equals lower costs – Having a good credit history can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your Mazda MPV by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit scores.
- How old are your drivers? – Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Mazda MPV earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- More performance means higher rates – The make and model of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Insurance prices and driver gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Females and males tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent and save
Cheap Mazda MPV insurance in Tampa can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Tampa car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
As you quote Tampa car insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be read on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)