Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of insureds in Florida kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. The average driver in the U.S. could save about $859 every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Lexus LC 500 insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Tampa. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about how your policy works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you are insured now, you will be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Choosing the best rates in Tampa is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Florida car owners should learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Lexus LC 500 insurance in Tampa is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like driver ages, how much education you have, if a SR-22 is needed, and if you are currently licensed. That rating information is instantly submitted to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your Lexus LC 500 now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tampa.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Tampa, FL. To get the cheapest car insurance in Florida, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Tampa, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Lexus LC 500 insurance in Tampa with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total LC 500 insurance premium.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and air bags.
- Travelers offers discounts including IntelliDrive, good student, save driver, payment discounts, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new graduate, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Tampa auto insurance agent
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Tampa that provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they function. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agents in Tampa that can give you price quotes.
American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to include independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Tampa willing to provide price quote information.
Once you have received acceptable answers for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy. But remember, you can always cancel your policy at any time so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the full term.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
Budget-friendly insurance in Tampa can be purchased both online in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When getting Tampa auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)