Are you researching more competitive GMC Acadia insurance in Tampa? Having to pay for pricey GMC Acadia insurance in Tampa can deplete your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Performing a price comparison can be a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A recent study showed that over 70% of Florida drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save an average of $850 each year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Steps to finding low-cost GMC Acadia insurance in Tampa
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on GMC Acadia insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Tampa. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Acadia coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Due to the large number of options for buying lower-cost insurance for a GMC Acadia in Tampa, it can be challenging to find the lowest price company.
Reducing your GMC Acadia insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Florida. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in FL, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current Acadia insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to spy on driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Tampa Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Tampa can get you a discount because it demonstrates responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below shows the comparison of GMC Acadia auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, safety device, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, and Switch & Save.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, company car, air bags, mature driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Tampa, click this link.
GMC Acadia insurance statistics and information
The rate table below showcases estimates of coverage costs for GMC Acadia models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are calculated can help drivers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$270||$504||$542||$32||$162||$1,510||$126|
|Acadia SL AWD||$310||$504||$542||$32||$162||$1,550||$129|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$310||$504||$542||$32||$162||$1,550||$129|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$310||$614||$542||$32||$162||$1,660||$138|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$310||$614||$542||$32||$162||$1,660||$138|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$350||$614||$542||$32||$162||$1,700||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can revise premium rates considerably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
When comparing auto insurance rates, the most common question is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The figures shown below help summarize the differences in premium rates of buying low and high insurance deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second price grid uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$280||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,317||$110|
|Acadia SL AWD||$322||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,359||$113|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$322||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,359||$113|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$322||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,457||$121|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$322||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,457||$121|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$228||$360||$418||$24||$124||$1,154||$96|
|Acadia SL AWD||$262||$360||$418||$24||$124||$1,188||$99|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$262||$360||$418||$24||$124||$1,188||$99|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$262||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,266||$106|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$262||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,266||$106|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$296||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,300||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Based on these figures, using a $250 deductible would cost the average driver about $15 more each month or $180 a year than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at a minimum 17 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead by going with a higher deductible.
How to decide to raise your deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$117|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $102|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$15|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $15|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||17 months|
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower GMC Acadia insurance prices for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below compares GMC Acadia insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of GMC Acadia auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn’t a written rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Acadia settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
What if I want to buy from local Tampa car insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Tampa exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is pet coverage available?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Three good reasons to insure your GMC vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Acadia insurance, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Acadia, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your GMC gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Acadia resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Acadia to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your GMC Acadia.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10 in Florida), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, emergency aid, loss of income and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as chiropractic care, hospital visits, dental work and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
When getting Tampa car insurance quotes online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced insurance in Tampa is available online as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Steps to buying lower priced GMC Acadia insurance in Tampa
The recommended way to find cheaper GMC Acadia insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Tampa. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Acadia coverage is available in Tampa. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)