Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can dry up your monthly budget and make it tough to pay other bills.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Tampa can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates online.
How to find low-cost Acura ZDX insurance in Tampa
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Acura ZDX insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Tampa.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tampa. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Popular companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to compare rates occasionally because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best price on Acura ZDX insurance in Tampa two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You’ll find a ton of advice on ZDX insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to buy auto insurance cheaper in Tampa.
If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using these methods. Locating the best rates in Tampa is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Florida drivers do need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Best companies for competitive Acura ZDX insurance in Florida
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Acura ZDX insurance charts and tables
The rate table below covers a range of insurance costs for Acura ZDX models. Having a good understanding how car insurance premiums are established can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$434||$722||$426||$26||$128||$1,736||$145|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$434||$816||$426||$26||$128||$1,830||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific Tampa garaging location which can raise or lower rates considerably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Acura ZDX car insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
You may qualify for discounts for Acura ZDX insurance in Tampa
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tampa car insurance quote when compared to bad drivers.
- Paperless Signup – A few car insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Tampa car insurance on their website.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current ZDX insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Acura ZDX insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, early shopping, teen driver, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, membership and employees, and air bags.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-car, new vehicle discount, new move discount, multi-policy, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and teen driver discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Tampa. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with the best Acura ZDX insurance discounts in Tampa, click this link.
What Determines Acura ZDX Insurance Costs?
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better car insurance rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Keep prices low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in Florida provide cheaper rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Deter theft and pay less – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Know your credit rating – Having a good credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Acura ZDX by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit.
Do you have a high stress job? – Careers such as judges, architects, and dentists tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers like farmers, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most major insurance companies afford lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Auto insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Buying auto insurance from Tampa car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Tampa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can give you free Tampa car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Tampa that can possibly get you pricing information.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tampa that are able to give price quotes.
John Lang – State Farm Insurance Agent
4023 W Waters Ave #5 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 885-2748 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How long has the business existed?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Smart shoppers get results
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
The cheapest Acura ZDX insurance in Tampa is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Acura ZDX insurance premium rates in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Tampa car insurance quotes. You may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to finding more affordable Acura ZDX insurance in Tampa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell insurance in Tampa. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information is available below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)