It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who do rate comparisons are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Acura ILX insurance is your objective, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Acura ILX insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Tampa. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic violations and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for tips to get lower rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Tampa, FL. To locate cheap auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total ILX insurance premium.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Tampa auto insurance quote.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with better auto insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing on their website.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, air bags, and federal employee.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Switch & Save, renters, multi-car, anti-theft, online quote, Pac-12 alumni, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, anti-theft, good student, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Acura ILX rate quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state.
Tampa auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the best auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Florida. The company information shown next may help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Informed Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The list below includes just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as real estate brokers, executives, and medical professionals generally have higher average rates due to intense work situations and long work hours. Other jobs such as professors, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
Only buy coverage you need – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
How old are your drivers? – Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto your car insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Alarms and GPS tracking lowers premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
Acura ILX insurance claim data – Insurers use data from past claims to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years